[GRASS-user] Promoting GRASS GIS at Where 2.0 - OSGeo initiative

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Thu May 18 15:31:38 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 22:38, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Greetings GRASS users and developers,

> One way we plan to promote is by having a set of brochures, one for each
> OSGeo project, with a common look and feel. We want to have a brochure that
> describes GRASS GIS, so we can distribute it as pamphlets at the
> conference. These will be good to have on file for other events too.

Anyone have a good Latex template for something like this... ? It might help
with the consistant look and feel of any such brochure.

> What we need:
> -2 or 3 graphics, screenshots or images that represent your project
> -100-150 words describing the project
> -5-10 bullets listing the 'core features' of your project
> -the main URL your project uses

Tyler: About how many total projects are you looking to include ...?

> If you are planning to be at the event and would like to help run a booth
> or help with OSGeo events, please let us know.  We're excited to see that
> GRASS has a prominent place on the Where 2.0 agenda already, with Dylan
> Beaudette's presentation:
> http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/where2006/view/e_spkr/2798

As such, If anyone has a favorite feature  - let me know, just in case I
haven't allready included it in the talk.

Cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis