[GRASS-user] Problem with vector categories

Jonathan Aguero jua130 at psu.edu
Fri May 19 13:33:28 EDT 2006

Dear List,

I have a road line map that I broke at the intersections with v.clean. The
problem is that when I try to upload the coods of the starting point to the
segments with v.to.db the program complains about repeated categories. So I
deleted the categories and created new categories in the map but now the
link with the table is broken. How can I create unique identifiers (cats) in
a map without breaking the link with the table?

Thanks

Jonathan Aguero Valverde

Research Assistant and Ph.D. Candidate

Pennsylvania State University

The Pennsylvania Transportation Institute

201 Transportation Research Building

University Park, PA 16802

www.personal.psu.edu/jua130