[GRASSLIST:1075] Re: [GRASS-user] Trento3D screenshots redone

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Sat May 20 10:00:05 EDT 2006

Dear all...
I have done, in the past, an application of flooding inundation using
HEC-RAS and GRASS...
it was quite simple...
I have performed the simulation inside HEC-RAS and then I have put the
water level surface obtained at each river cross-section into GRASS
(simply drawing a line and adding the water level surface as an
attribute)
then v.surf.rst with correct tension values and I have obtained the
simulated water surface!!!
then r.mapcalc with the DEM to obtain the water level over the ground!!!

what about r.hydro.casc2d??? it was a module of grass5.4
I remember it was able to simulate flood-routing!!
the problem is it wasn't able to simulate bridge, culvert, ecc...
it would be nice if someone could improve it!!!  :-)
I'm not sufficiently experienced!!

bye
Ivan

--