[GRASS-user] Big Mac OS X packages update

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun May 21 00:58:46 EDT 2006

That is, my installers for Mac OS X for Graphics Libs, GIS Libs,
PHP4, Postgres/PostGIS and MapServer.

See the full details on my site.  Here's a summary:

- All packages are now both Panther and Tiger compatible, instead of
the old separate packages for Panther and Tiger.  These are built on
Tiger with GCC 4, so any developers using GCC 3.3 won't be able to
use them (C++ compatibility).  The Panther-only packages will still
be available, but may lag behind.

- mcrypt, mhash and sqlite 3 were added to PHP

- DAP added, and now supported in GDAL

- I finally figured out how to build HDF5 Universal

- Python 2.4.3 Universal support added: GDAL, Postgres, MapServer

- GDAL updated to 1.3.2

- many other version updates

I'm working on a PHP5 installer, with PHP MapScript to go along with
it, and Perl MapScript (getting a Universal build of that requires
both PPC and Intel Macs because of deficiencies in the Universal SDK).

An Intel Mac is in the mail so I can work out Perl MapScript and do
some serious testing of everything.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin