[GRASS-user] Geographic Mean

Dave Kent dkent at sasktel.net
Tue May 23 14:00:09 EDT 2006

Is the centroid of the hull equivalent to the centre of gravity of
all the points or is it the area centroid of the hull?  Are these the
same?

I have a similar application.  I have a series of point data with a
numeric attribute.  I would like to get centroid weighted with
respect to the attribute.    Can v.hull do this?

The application is a mass haul problem.  I have multiple sites each
generating a different mass of material.  I wish to find the centre
of generation of the set of sites.

Thanks in advance.

Dave