[GRASS-user] System architecture for running GRASS

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu May 25 12:24:07 EDT 2006

Installing GRASS for Mac is easier than for any other system‹drag and drop.
Works like a charm on an iMac with 1Gb RAM. It works as well in Mac OSX as
it does in Linux. We¹re running GRASS on Mac and Fedora Core 4. One of my
students swears by Debian. Windows is more complicated. You can certainly
use it, but the set up is more difficult (the other responses spoke to
this).

GRASS makes it relatively easy to store data on a central server and  use
desktop versions of the application. This is an alternative to storing data
AND running the app from a server.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213