[GRASS-user] nviz invalid pointer

Ian Allan iallan at geocode.com.au
Sat May 27 08:16:00 EDT 2006

Hi

I've installed the grass6.0.2 binary onto a box using fedora core 5. I
upgraded from core 3 in the hope that NVIZ might start working. After
some time I got grass working after creating links relating to libssl
and mysqlclient.  The final problem relates to nviz. I had better
success than under core 3 after i created links to libtcl & libtk.
However...

    * In 6.0.2 the initial dialog box appears. After entering a DEM to
      display and depressing "run", a small information box flashes,
      followed by a flash of another larger box.  Other than the initial
      dialog box, no other NVIZ boxes stay on screen
    * In 6.0.0 a similar thing happens, but it happens slower and is
      accompanied by an error message that reads something along the
      lines of...
          o *** glibc detected *** NVIZ: munmap_chunk(): invalid
            pointer: 0x097fed78:   ...then follows a multi page dump

I tried downloading the latest src code & compiling it, however i am
very new to the linux environment and I had little success. I've been
working on this all yesterday and today, and have finally admitted
defeat. I would be grateful if someone could offer some help.

Many thanks

Ian

--

Ian Allan
Director Geocode Mapping and Analysis P/L

Email: iallan at geocode.com.au
Web: www.geocode.com.au