[GRASS-user] stable windows release

wouter wouter.buytaert at scarlet.be
Thu Nov 2 13:59:02 EST 2006

Hi all,

Is there a stable windows release for grass 6.2? I can only find the
version built in qgis 0.8 preview 2 and the experimental windows native
binary.

The reason why I'm asking is because I was asked to give a GRASS workshop
(University of Leuven) next week, and I have had a rather depressing
experience with a very buggy windows grass version during a workshop last
year, so I am quite cautious (I think it was the 6.0.0 stable version).
Any suggestions for which version to use are very welcome.

PS: yes, unfortunately it has to be a windows version. I proposed to use
the very nice linux live CDs from the Lausanne workshop, but apparently
the sysadmins think using a live CD is a major security hazard.

Thanks!

Wouter