[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.2 / FreeType 2.2 error on Mac OSX

Daniel Farnan DanielF at SHARECHIVE.com
Fri Nov 3 21:08:55 EST 2006

Working on primarily on Debian system with GRASS at work, but still
learning, so I put it on My G3 Pismo powerbook, running Panther (now
upgraded to 10.3.9). I get the window to come up, congratulations on a great
job, and it crashes when I load an old project - this does not show in the
terminal. I then started a new location using spearfish data
(elevation.dem), which saved as a new mapset, then crashes. I then used the
coordiantes to start a new Project with Projection values, and got the
error: "Error in startup script: dyld" d.mon can't open library:
/Library/Frameworks/FreeType.framework/Versions/2.2/FreeType  ..."
A similar string follows in a second error also referring to FreeType.
I have downloaded the package (FreeType2 version 2.2.1 was the closest I
could find to test) where is GRASS looking to find it? Is there something
else to do for OSX?
This can wait until Monday(Pacific Time), no line at home, Have a good
weekend, and thank you very much developers, hopefully I will have a closer
look next week. Thanks, :)Daniel

  <<...OLE_Obj...>>
 Daniel Farnan, GIS Director
 Office phone?415-284-9662