[GRASS-user] Raster pyramids

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sun Nov 12 13:00:44 EST 2006

Thierry Gonon wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I just want to know if it's possible in GRASS to make a raster
> pyramid for images that are quite large (3GB) as it's possible in
> QGis...

Not as in QGIS, but you can use eg. r.mapcalc to create a version of
your original raster at a reduced resolution. Other folks can give you
more guiding about using the recent Glynn's aggregation module in GRASS
6.3 (search recent dev & user archives for 'aggregate'). Take a look at
r.resamp* modules too.

> And if so, how we can do it ? And if it's not possible, can
> we make pyramids in QGis and then view our images in GRASS without
> problems ??

I don't think this is possible now.

Maciek