[GRASS-user] file size limit exceeded

Martin Wegmann wegmann at biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de
Mon Nov 13 06:23:26 EST 2006

Hello,

I tried to import a 500 MB DEM using GRASS 6.2 (Debian rep):

r.in.gdal -o -k -e
input=/data2/raster/dem/srtm90_africa_continental_JF/SRTM90_WA_v3/SRTM90_WA_v3/hdr.adf
output=test
Over-riding projection check.
Proceeding with import...
WARNING: map [test] - unable to write row 14319
File size limit exceeded
[Raster MASK present]

did it without -e and previously zoomed into the mapset and set the region to
fit this extend using gis.m functionality (not CLI)

same error message

I found related error messages in the ML hence I installed grass62 and 63 with
LFS but I have some problems compiling with gdal support (another e-mail on
gda-dev)

any idea how I can solve this file size limit problem while not yet being able
to compile 62/63?

regards, Martin