[GRASS-user] r.reclass probs with negative values

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Nov 14 23:12:31 EST 2006

R.mapcalc and r.recode both create new maps.

However, r.reclass is especially useful because it DOESN'T create a new map.
It just makes a new cats table for an existing raster map. This means that
it is sort of a 'virtual' map or map 'view'. It also means that it runs much
faster (important in interated scripts) and takes up very little space (also
good for iteration that creates multiple map 'views').

It would be nice if this could be done with FP maps too somehow, since FP
maps also have cats tables that affect how they are displayed.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213