[GRASS-user] raster drape color question

Ken grass at kwasnicki.com
Wed Nov 15 03:18:11 EST 2006

I'm a total grass newbie.  When I drape a map over my base dem map the
"draped" map blows away my colors in the dem map.  Even where the drape
map doesn't appear to have any values. (the dem map seems to get a sort
of grey tone in those areas)  Is there a way to preserve the color map
from my base map and have the drape map only overlay the colors where it
actually has values?  ie: is there a transparency color i can set?  the
"(transparent null value cells)" checkbox doesn't seem to change anything.

thanks!
ken