[GRASS-user] Storing scripts directly on the WIKI add-ons site

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 18 00:12:38 EST 2006

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Eric wrote:
> > Is it possible to upload and store scripts as tar.bz2 files to the
> > WIKI add-ons? I can't find the procedure to do this. Pretty much all
> > contributors to the add-ons have their own dedicated http site to
> > host their scripts, but I seem to remember once that you could store
> > add-ons directly on the WIKI site somehow.
> >
> > I see that there is an 'Upload file' link under the toolbox on the
> > left-hand side of the screen, but it only allows image uploads.
Markus:
..
> I think that script upload was disabled on purpose (security) but
> maybe Stephan has more insights.
> If not, I would like to know how to enable it.

can it be limited to files < 100kb, and non-binary files unless .gz or
.zip extension containing source code? what we don't want is free
webspace for video game crackers and someone posting a sounds-useful
trojan horse.

keeping these in a tracker on the gforge site will be easier to
administer.

Hamish