[GRASS-user] SVG mapping with GRASS

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 18 04:28:51 EST 2006

Ravinder Singh Bhalla wrote:
> I need to make an interactive CD-ROM for geo-spatial data, both vector
> and raster. I was wondering if there is an SVGmapper equivalent tool
> for  GRASS or a way to produce similar outputs.  I've used Q-GIS as
> the front end on an earlier project and  it worked, but isn't as
> intuitive as the SVGmapper output. Any suggestions?

No answer for "SVGmapper" app replacement for GRASS (PyWPS?), but a
thought on how to do SVG export:  v.out.dxf + dxf2svg.

dxf2svg: (GPL) http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~squiresm/
pstoedit: http://www.pstoedit.net/pstoedit/

Also there's a long standing wish to obtain SVG + .eps converters to
use with d.graph and/or grass's display symbols:
  http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass63/manuals/html63_user/d.graph.html
  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/IconSymbols

ps.map already does simple .eps:
  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/AreaFillPatterns