[GRASS-user] Unable to locate LAPACK library

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Nov 18 11:30:17 EST 2006

James McManus wrote:

> I am installing GRASS 6.2 on a x86_64 machine running Fedora Core 6. I
> want to include LAPACK, but when I run configure I get the following
> message:
>
> checking for location of LAPACK library... /usr/lib64
> checking for dgesv_ in -llapack... no
> checking for dgesv_ in -llapack... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate LAPACK library.
>
> LAPACK is installed on this machine and the libraries are in /usr/lib64.
> I am not having this problem with BLAS.

First, as Hamish mentions, the code which uses BLAS/LAPACK isn't
currently used for anything. There is no reason to enable it unless
you intend to write your own code which uses those functions.

That aside, the config.log file contains all commands which are run by
the configure script, along with their output. Any error messages
which are generated by the tests will appear near the end of that
file.