[GRASS-user] Calculating a raster "polygon density" map

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 16:03:40 EST 2006

Hey folks,

  I'm trying to rasterize a polygon vector layer as a polygon density
map. In other words instead of each cell containing NULL or the
underlying vector attribute (v.to.rast), I'd like each raster cell to
represent the percent of the cell's area covered by polygons.

 Is there an existing function that can handle this? Has anyone tried
creating such a polygon density function in GRASS or GDAL/OGR?

Thanks for the input,
--
Matthew T. Perry
GIS Analyst / Software Engineer