[GRASS-user] AutoCAD import [was ]2nd edition book?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 17:52:52 EST 2006

H.S.Rai wrote:
> I compiled CVS, but could not run gis.m. However from command prompt,
> I found v.in.dxf is not there.
>
> But, it is there in GRASS6.2.0RC3

v.in.dxf is indeed a standard module in GRASS 6.2.0, it should be there.

v.in.dwg is not, due to OpenDWG license restrictions. You will need to
get the OpenDWG library and compile the module yourself if you want that.

I suspect that Hardeep's installation is broken -- IIRC the ps.map
module was missing as well? Try rebuilding GRASS and look at the error
list at the end.

Hamish