[GRASS-user] Importing a SDTS/DLG files?

James McManus jmpmcmanus at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 22:08:56 EST 2006

I'm trying to import SDTS/DLG files. I attempted to use v.in.ogr, by
importing the TR01CATD.DDF file:

v.in.ogr dsn=grassdata/USGS/BarHarbor/RD/TR01CATD.DDF
output=BHroads min_area=0.0001 snap=-1

The file was imported, however I got several warnings, informing me that
the feature was imported without the geometry. When I viewed the file I
got a white screen without features.

I would like to try using v.in.dlg. It does not appear to be included in
grass-6.2.0. Has this routine been discontinued in grass-6.2.0? It is
shown as being ported from grass-5.3 to grass-6.0 in:

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_Module_Porting_List

I have had similar problems importing some shp files, but have also
successfully imported shp files. Any history of this type of problem? Is
it the data, software or me?

Thanks
Jim