[GRASS-user] Creating 3D Vector file (v.in.ascii) for eventual use in NVIZ

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Mon Oct 2 13:28:38 EDT 2006

hallo,

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 07:32:54PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
> I'm thinking for a while now that it would be really nice to put
> together a collection of articles showcasing the existing and new 3D
> capabilities of GRASS 6 for an upcoming GRASS newsletter or special
> edition.
>
> for example:
>
> * 3D vector processing
>    - overview of GRASS's method: faces, kernels, etc
>    - new 3D vector modules from Jachym  (v.extrude etc)
>    - some nice example (e.g. make a pyramid [see attached]), Trento/NYC
>
> * 3D raster processing
>    - overview of GRASS's method: voxels, g.region -3, as a time series, etc
>    - new 3D raster modules from Sören
>    - some nice example (e.g. do some quantitative analysis of sample
>       Slovakia rain data)
>
> * visualization with NVIZ, export to VTK etc
>    - new NVIZ features by Massimo and Luigi, Bob, etc
>    - v.in.onearth SRTM + LANDSAT -> i.landsat.rgb -> nviz (reader's home)
>
> etc., etc., etc.
>

> (I'm a big fan of bite sized 10-15 minute tutorials...)
>

> Hamish

if there is interest on this topic, i could prepare some tutorials out
of my presentations (fossgis in bonn, foss4g in lausanne). though i got
some positive feedback, i was never shure, if the presentations are good start for such kind of tutorials.

when should next release of grass news come out?

thanks

jachym
--
Jachym Cepicky