[GRASS-user] Large vector files

Jonathan Greenberg jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 5 15:51:21 EDT 2006

Case in point: I just got this error on a v.in.ascii import of a ~200mb csv
file with points:

G_realloc: out of memory (I have 4gb RAM and plenty of swap space, and the
program never hit that limit anyway).

I'm pretty sure this binary is *not* compiled for 64-bit macs, so I may
recompile GRASS myself...

Sorry, I meant > 4gb (these files are probably going to be up to 8gb in
size).

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD