[GRASS-user] Re: [Qgis-user] Basic GIS course ideas

Bogus Zaba b.zaba at britishlibrary.net
Mon Oct 9 12:15:23 EDT 2006

> Re: [GRASS-user] Re: [Qgis-user] Basic GIS course ideas
> From:
> Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at gmx.de>
> Date:
> Mon, 09 Oct 2006 00:22:08 +0200
> To:
> Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>
>
> To:
> Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>
> CC:
> grassuser at grass.itc.it
>

> Hi,
>
> Hamish schrieb:
>>> no, currently it doesn't support uploads, documents (pdf, images, ...)
>>> have to be stored somewhere else.
>>

>> create a quasi-liberal access area in gforce GRASS svn? or better,
>> create a new project on gforge for "open_gis_edu" or similar.
>>   http://wald.intevation.org/projects/grass/
>
> Thats a great idea.
> Can we use this place to put video tutorials online?
> I just created a very simple gui feature demo with grass63
> to encourage all users and dev's to create video tutorials.
>
> http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/modules/screenshots/grass63feature_tour.html
>

> It would be great to have many thematic video tutorials
> to explain the basics and advanced features of grass.
>
> Best regards
> Soeren
This approach (video tutorials / demos) looks very useful to me. I
started from scratch with Grass a couple of weeks ago and this short
video showed me in 5 minutes what it took me about 2 days to figure out
from manuals, how-tos etc. Many thanks and hopefully others will
contribute similar clips. What tools do you use to make the recording?

Bogus Zaba