[GRASS-user] Re: [Qgis-user] Basic GIS course ideas

Sören Gebbert soerengebbert at gmx.de
Mon Oct 9 17:40:29 EDT 2006

Hi,

Rudolf Maurer schrieb:
> Hi,
> Soeren used this tool
> http://www.unixuser.org/~euske/vnc2swf/
> to record a flash movie.
> Never used it myself sofar.

The installation is easy if you have a Linux dist which provides all
needed python packages (pyGames and others i dont remember).

> You would need a VNC-Server installed (not too tricky normaly).

The installation of vnc is easy. There are a lot of free vncserver and
clients out there in the internet.

To record a vnc session is not very complicated:
First you have to run a vnc server and the client.
The next step is to start vnc2swf.py with the address of the vncserver
and a file name.

A short vnc2swf usage tutorial is available here:
http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/modules/screenshots/vnc2swf_usage.html

Best regards
Soeren