[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1191] How to silence d.legend output?

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Mon Oct 9 22:47:36 EDT 2006

Hi all.  Does anyone know how to silence the output (in particular
warnings) of d.legend?  d.legend frequently gives the following warning:

"WARNING: Color range exceeds upper limit of actual data".

It also gives a system beep at the same time.  I am using d.legend in
a script that produces a time animated series of images wherein each
image has the same legend.  Naturally, not every image will have all
values in the range, which, I assume, is why I get the warning.
Redirecting the output to null does not work.  The warning messages
and beeps are driving me nuts! :)

For reference, the d.legend command is as follows:

d.legend map=some_raster color=white lines=0 thin=1 labelnum=5
at=75,10,93,95 use=0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19
range=0,19

Thanks,

- Jason