[GRASS-user] displaying points based on attributes

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 09:47:01 EDT 2006

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:12:11 +0200,
Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

[...]

> You can also use a grassrgb column in your dbf file, in which you give an
> rgb color value (in the form 154:265:247) in each line. You can do this
> with v.db.addcol and v.db.update (accessible in GIS Manager via
> Databases->Manage Databases). This color then serves as _fillcolor_ (not
> outline !), so you have to chose a point icon which can be filled
> (e.g. circle, box, etc):

[...]

Thanks for these ideas Martin.  It seems as I would have to update to the
development version to use these though, as none of these functions are
available in my Debian testing version (corresponding to GRASS 6.0.2).  An
off-list exchange showed me that other very handy options (like
copying/pasting objects in the GUI) is not available in my version.  I
also heard it's possible to obtain development GRASS Debian versions, so I
may try that route.  Thank you all.

Cheers,

--
Seb