[GRASS-user] Re: [Qgis-user] Basic GIS course ideas

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 04:03:10 EDT 2006

Stephan wrote:
> Good idea. I like to see this as a separate entry inside the
> navigation. This thread contains lots of usefull informtation which
> should definetly saved somewhere!

A good place to start, but we still have two problems:

wrt GRASS-centric:
1) [minor] this isn't neccessarily GRASS specific. QGIS, GMT, Projection
tutorials, etc. Anything geospatial, educational, &/or OSS-Geo.

wrt "start collecting":
2) [major] people want to upload course material including PDFs,
powerpoint presentations, Flash tutorial movies, course material,
lecture notes..
The Wiki only supports text + simple graphics files. Upload of large
files must be password controlled and have the blessing of the server
host.

Hamish