[GRASS-user] Again on raster statistics

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Wed Oct 25 18:05:40 EDT 2006

Hey there,

Thanks Sören for creating a bug report.

Given that r.stats is not doing the job, would there be another way to
calculate areas included in subranges of a fp raster? Or also, what is
the approach to calculating raster areas?

I spent quite some time writing a script that would use the output of
r.stats and report in a tabular and graphic form, but then I found out
that r.stats was not reporting correctly itself (see below).

Is simple raster statistics a feature of secondary importance in GRASS,
i.e. there is other tools that address this primarily.

Thanks and regards,

Luigi