[GRASS-user] r.spread not finding spread time

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 11:31:48 EDT 2006

I was trying firesimulation data on grass6.2.0RC3, and following
commands never stopped:

r.spread -vds max=my_ros.max base=my_ros.base dir=my_ros.maxdir
 spot_dist=my_ros.spotdist w_speed=wind_speed f_mois=1hour_moisture
     start=fire_origin lag=95 backdrop=image_burned output=my_spread
      x_output=my_spread.x y_output=my_spread.y
 100%

Reading inputs ... 100%
Reading fire_origin ...  100%
Finding spread time - number of cells visited in percentage ...    0%

That mean. it could not find spread time, this 0% remain 0%.

Do i change some parameter or value in above mentioned command?

The g.region -p showed following information:

=========================
projection: 1 (UTM)
zone:       18
PROJ_INFO file not found for location firedata
datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
ellipsoid:  a=6378137 es=0.006694385
north:      4391490
south:      4385100
west:       547000
east:       551890
nsres:      19.96875
ewres:      19.95918367
rows:       320
cols:       245
cells:      78400

Is PROJ_INFO file a problem. If yes, how to make it.

Thanks in advance.

--
H.S.Rai