[GRASS-user] Importing GLOBE DEM data

gotnidea! Business Development Centre gotnidea at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 06:27:33 EDT 2006

Yes, it should. But I fail to find any documentation as to how it is done.
Even on the page you have mentioned, in example it is given like this:

"To import GLOBE DEM tiles
<http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/topo/gltiles.shtml>(approx 1km
resolution, better than GTOPO30 DEM data), the user has to
download additionally the related HDR
file(s)<ftp://ftp.ngdc.noaa.gov/GLOBE_DEM/data/elev/esri/hdr/>.
Finally, e.g. the 'terrain' color table can be assigned to the imported map
with *r.colors*. "

How am I supposed to do it?

Abhinav