[GRASS-user] Importing GLOBE DEM data

gotnidea! Business Development Centre gotnidea at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 23:21:33 EST 2006

Thanks.

By using the vector panel I could add colors to the map freegis_worlddata.
But I couldn't do the same with my Gujarat map I downloaded from the NGDC.

Now, I believe, I should ask one question which really forced me to work on
GRASS in the first place. I want to have a display like:

http://www.eicinformation.org/data/sampledata.asp?id=2

Is it possible on GRASS?? If at all it is not possible on a web page, can I
reproduce a similar map on my desktop, linking the data with SQL or even by
using the existing postgreSQL?

I wish to achieve a level of competency in GRASS (or any other software
which is freely available)which could help me produce such a work.

regards
Abhinav