[GRASS-user] perpendicular segments to a line

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Mon Oct 30 11:30:09 EST 2006

Dear all,
does someone know if there's a simple way to create perpendicolar
segments to a lines (equispaced along this line)???
like this...

|   |   |    |    |
-------------------
|   |   |    |    |

I have had a look to v.lrs.XXX but I have got some problems to
understand the needed parameters.. also looking at the papers from Radim
didn't help me...
what I need is probably a simple tutorial or something similar...
I mean.. if someone can help me with this topic I can write a wiki page
on this...
but at the moment I can't understand wich can be the simpler way to
solve this problem...
v.segment?
v.split?
v.to.points?