[GRASS-user] RE: [OTT_OSGEO] chamelon-GRASS application site with URL

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Sep 1 10:52:44 EDT 2006

Cool, Cool, Cool....

I like it....

I had an issue with popups, but that's normal when you block them....
Worked well in firefox

IS the watershed a pre defined boundarie, or is GRASS running the
r.watersheds and creating it from scratch?  Does this get cached?  Or is
it a predefined watershed boundary?...

The ROI requirement was not clear at first, but trial and error worked
that out....

I perosnaly like zoom tools that can draw an extent box instead of a
point and given zoom factor, but that's my preference

Load time and processing time is a little slow, but that's secondary.
I'm assuming that's across the board.

For others that are going to try it out this is the process I tried
1. load page
2. zoom into an area (mag +) so you can see some individual pints
3. Chooce the ROI tool (far left icon)
4. draw ROI (if there is processing of the watersheds then I assume the
larger the ROI more processing time)
5. Select watershed from point (Third from left)
6. Select a red point inside the ROI (notice the ROI only comes up when
you switch tools and select point)
7. Tri the INFO button to learn more about each site (7th from left)

So... Cool, I like

What other widgets are connected to GRASS?...

I look forward to the technical docs and seeing more people use it.

CHEERS