[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1181] d.m/d.gis mysteries..

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Sep 2 12:50:23 EDT 2006

Sorry,

This got sent before I was finished. I'll complete my answer below.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671

Most GRASS commands create or modify maps. You can display any map in gis.m.

It is not clear what you want to do. If you'd like a shell-script to
automatically create a display, you cannot do this in gism, because the
display is done within TclTk. This is an interactive display and is designed
to be controlled by the user, not a script.

You can have a shell script use GRASS commands to display a map in an
xterminal or activate some kind of viewer that will display PNG or PPM
graphic files.

Michael