[GRASS-user] GRASS after ArcInfo

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Sun Sep 3 14:11:15 EDT 2006

Reading disscusion grass nwesgrup I fonud that some people have
migrating form ArcInfo to Grass

I'm interesting of reasons of such migration - from expensive (very
expensive) commercial program to open source one

I'm not trying to start another disscusion about nothing. I'm (probably
like most of as) high school teatcher/scientist and I will try this year
to introduce Grass as a part of GIS  course in our University.

I'm not interested in comparing that programs - I did it, and I know
differences and limitations of both - I'm interested only of reaseons of
migrations

with best regards
Jarek Jasiewicz
Adam Mickiewicz University