[GRASS-user] query 2 or more maps

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 23:07:03 EDT 2006

I'm trying out Grass 6.3 and the new gis.m. It looks very good and all
but I'm having trouble adapting to the new interface. For once, I
tried to query to rasters to see the difference in values. In the "old
grass" I'd open an X monitor and then issue d.what.rast map=map1,map2
and then just click away, after drawing the maps with d.rast.

Now, in 6.3 I load the two maps on the display (using the GUI) and
when I use the query button, I can only query one map at a time. I
could query 3 maps using RGB display but what if I wanted 4 maps?

Also, will this new gis.m make the old d.rast command useless? Typing
"d.rast map1" is much faster then going trough the GUI. I believe both
CLI and GUI options should be available. I've probably not undesrtood
the gis.m concept yeat

Sorry if my questions have already been answered in the mailing list.
I did a search but could not find an answer. Maybe it's because I'm
getting sleepy...

Cheers
Daniel