[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASS-dev] MS-Windows native GRASS

Anders Fahlén anders at agronova.se
Sun Sep 17 11:17:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks for the efforts to make a native Windows Grass version:-)

I've tried to download and install the 6.3 CVS,
September 15, 2006 release, following the
instructions at http://geni.ath.cx/grass.html,
but I'm facing some difficulties. The
inst_grass.bat installation does not work for me.
Which directory is it referred to in section 3 of
the installation instructions or does it not matter?

I tried to manually copy the grass.bat file to
the C:\msys\1.0\local directory. However, in this
case I cannot enter GRASS as I receive, among
others, a "g.gisenv - Unable to find" error
message and the "libintl3.dll" file cannot be
found, when selecting a previously configured
"Location". Further, I cannot find any epsg code
file and if I manually add a known and valid epsg
code I receive an error message that the
libintl3.dll file is missing. This file, AFAIK, belongs to the cygwin package.

Presumably I've done something wrong with the installation.

I would appreciate any inputs or clarifications
on how to properly install the native 6.3 CVS
GRASS Windows version (the
http://geni.ath.cx/grass/grass.zip file is
time-stamped 16:40 Sep 17, 2006, whereas the
http://geni.ath.cx/grass/grass-2006-09-15.zip
file is time-stamped 12:28 Sep 18, 2006. They
seem to have the same file size - any other differences?).

Regards,
Anders Fahlén
Agronova
Sweden