[GRASS-user] ArcGIS, GRASS and employability

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Mon Sep 18 10:43:57 EDT 2006

Michael,

Completely agree. One might also go to
http://grass.itc.it/community/index.php to see the international use of
GRASS GIS and to http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/ for the use of GMT, which
many GRASS GIS users also use extensively. The assertion that GRASS is
not used outside of Newcastle is an openly inflammatory and contentious
remark and clearly not grounded in fact.

So, one would also presume that UNIX, Linux, and MacOS X should not be
used in an academic setting for the same reason, that is, that
MS-Windows dominates, so…?

Tom