[GRASS-user] installation problem

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Sep 18 12:19:15 EDT 2006

temiz wrote:

> >> what might the problem ?
> >>

> > Look for the actual error message in config.log.
>
> I looked there seems to be many errors:

Many configure tests involve trying several candidate options until
one succeeds; the others will all generate errors.

In determining why the configure script terminated, what is relevant
is the last test. In this case:

> /usr/include/tcl8.3/tk.h:83:23: error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory

This suggests that you don't have the X headers installed; tk.h
requires them.

> /usr/include/tcl8.3/tk.h:1361:21: error: tkDecls.h: No such file or directory

This indicates that Tk isn't completely installed. tk.h requires this
header; there is no point having tk.h without tkDecls.h.