[GRASS-user] Remove black background of GeoTiff

Craig Feuerherdt craigfeuerherdt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 22:46:12 EDT 2006

Have been trying to export some rectified images as GeoTiff using the
following command;

r.out.gdal input=s107r format=GTiff type=Byte
output=s107rf.tifcreateopt="TFW=YES" createopt="INTERLEAVE=PIXEL"

This works well and can be opened by ArcGIS however there is a black
background around the borders where the image has been rotated through the
transformation.
Is there another creatopt tag I can use to remove this?
I have read through the GeoTiff documentation on GDAL.org and tried a few of
the other tags but nothing seems to remove it.

Thanks in advance.

Craig