[GRASS-user] Problem with installing R/Grass interface on Ubuntu

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Tue Sep 26 06:00:00 EDT 2006

Il giorno mar, 26/09/2006 alle 11.33 +0200, Tomas Lanczos ha scritto:

> this problem occurs because of requirement of gdal-1.3.1, what I could
> not
> compile. Do anybody solved this problem on Ubuntu/Debian or have
> anybody an
> idea? I am just helpless at this point.

Tomas,
spgrass6 requires the 'rgdal' package installed, which obviously depends
on a working installation of GDAL itself. For me, also 1.3.2 worked,
despite requirements are for 1.3.1.

If you cannot install gdal, then perhaps you'll have better luck asking
on the gdal mailing list.

All the best,

Steko

--
Stefano Costa
http://www.iosa.it Software Open Source per l'Archeologia
Jabber: steko at jabber.linux.it
GnuPG Key ID 1024D/0xD0D30245
Linux Registered User #385969 counter.li.org