[GRASS-user] Creating raster from imported vector data

Michael Perdue michael_perdue at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 26 22:59:58 EDT 2006

Mort,
Are you sure that you input data is cartesian (ie XY unprojected) and
not Geographic (lat/long which is also unprojected). It would be very
unusual to have unprojected vector data in a cartesian coordinate
system.
I think that what has happened is that you coordinates are in lat/
long which would cause all your data to be bunched up in a tiny
little space as the min/max for lat/long is +90 to -90 and +180 to
-180 respectively.

Cheers,

Mike