[winGRASS] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: Cygwin Grass 6.2 compiling?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Sep 27 17:18:45 EDT 2006

Luigi Ponti wrote:

> >> Has anyone found a way to compile grass 6.2 on cygwin?
> >>

> > Use --disable-shared. Shared libraries used to work on Cygwin, but
> > they stopped working following a Cygwin update a few months back.
>
> I am trying to compile grass-6.1.0 on Cygwin. Using the command:
>
>     $ ./configure --disable-shared>configure.log
>
> I get the following warnings/error:
>
>     configure: warning: *** External PROJ.4 directory not specified
>     configure: warning: *** Unable to locate PROJ data files.
>     configure: error: *** Unable to locate PNG includes.
>
> Along with the configuration log below. It is a Cygwin installation
> where grass6.1.cvs (April 17, 2006) is arleady installed and running ok.
> What am I missing?

It's impossible to tell from the summary information which the
configure script writes to the terminal; you need to examine the
config.log file for the actual error message.

The PROJ.4 issue isn't particularly critical; it's only relevant if
you want to create a new location using an EPSG code (the
--with-proj-share= option specifies the directory in which to look for
the file of EPSG codes).