[winGRASS] Re: [GRASS-user] Re: Cygwin Grass 6.2 compiling?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Sep 28 11:04:29 EDT 2006

Luigi Ponti wrote:

> I have included the directory for PROJ.4 (/usr/share/proj) and also
> installed png headers, which were actually lacking. Then I also had to
> install FFTW headers. Eventually the configurantion went well. Then
>     $ make
> and
>     $ make install
> Finished compilation, although errorlist is quite long (see below).
> Should I run make for each of the directories?

No. The first error is for lib/vector/Vlib, which is one of the core
vector libraries (libgrass_vect). If a library fails to compile,
anything which uses that library will also fail to compile.

Almost all of the other errors refer to modules which depend upon that
libgrass_vect.

If you can fix the lib/vector/Vlib error, most of the other errors
will also go away.