[GRASS-user] v.in.ogr with "cnames"-option (little help needed)

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Thu Sep 28 11:19:56 EDT 2006

Hi list,
I would like to import a shapefile using v.in.ogr together with the "cnames" option to rename some of the columns.

The column names ID_NR, KAT_ID, NAME, SUBNAME, ADRESSE, PLZ, RECHTSWERT
should be renamed to id,kat,name,subn,adresse,plz,x,y

Therefore, I wrote:
GRASS 6.1.cvs (muc_intra):~ > v.in.ogr -o cnames=cat,kat,name,subn,adresse,plz,x,y dsn=./ layer=places out=places_mod

However, the new colum names are wrong (and I fear that I just do not correctly understand, how I have to use this cnames-command)

GRASS says:
Over-riding projection check.
Proceeding with import...
Layer: biergAE
WARNING: Column name changed: 'ID_NR' -> 'kat'
WARNING: Column name changed: 'KAT_ID' -> 'name'
WARNING: Column name changed: 'NAME' -> 'subn'
WARNING: Column name changed: 'SUBNAME' -> 'adresse'
WARNING: Column name changed: 'ADRESSE' -> 'plz'
WARNING: Column name changed: 'PLZ' -> 'x'
WARNING: Column name changed: 'RECHTSWERT' -> 'y'
Importing map 59 features...

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Wolfgang

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl