[GRASS-user] r.out.bin header files

paallen at attglobal.net paallen at attglobal.net
Fri Sep 29 16:26:48 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I just exported out hill-shade raster with r.out.bin so I could import it into ArcGIS.

The header file created was:
Nrows 24000
Ncols 18000
Nbands 1
Nbits 64
Byteorder I
Layout bil
Skypbytes 0
Nodata -99999

Looking at the ArcGIS help for raster import the header file should also have the georeferencing data included as XLLCENTER or XLLCORNER and YLLCENTER or YLLCORNER.

Also as far as AG is concerned byteorder should be MSBFIRST or LSBFIRST.  Are not rasters fun to import/export between multiple programs!

It is a simple thing to fix with a text editor since it is found in the world file but why does r.out.bin not do it automatically?

Just Curious,

Phillip Allen