[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii create a dbtable

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 07:46:46 EDT 2007

Hi,

I noticed this "strange" behaviour last week. Table is created only if
you declare at least one addition column in the table, e.g. col="cat
int, x double, y double, z double, data int".

E.g.:

echo "1|1|1" | v.in.ascii out=test z=3

no table is created (maybe the user could expect the table [cat|x|y|z]?)

but

echo "1|1|1|10" | v.in.ascii out=test z=3 col="x double, y double, z
double, data int"

works

cat|x|y|z|data
1|1|1|1|10