[GRASS-user] Exporting project to ArcView

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Apr 6 10:47:34 EDT 2007

Jorge Echeverri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What I want to do is to export several GRASS vector layers into shape
> files.
>
> I do not want to just export the vectors but also the legends and
> classifications I made for them using QGIS.
>
> Does anybody have an idea how to do this?

I wrote a shell script which translates the QGIS project file into an
ArcPad xml apl project file. I don't know what modifications would be
needed to maka it output an ArcView project file instaed. Please find
it attached. Maybe it will of some use for you, as a prototype. Mind
that, as the description reads, it has very limited capabilities:

---
Very Preliminary QGIS to ArcPad project file converter. *Only* qgs
containing a *single*, unique-value classified layer (only solid filled
polygons+solid boundaries) is supported.
---

Please feel free to extend it.

Maciek