[GRASS-user] TOPOGRID equivalent in GRASS?

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 23:30:03 EDT 2007

Hi Jonathan,

If I am not mistaken, TOPOGRID is just a front end to the well-known
interpolation algorithm used in Anudem
(http://cres.anu.edu.au/outputs/anudem.php).

To my knowlegde, and based on past mail-list traffic, GRASS does not
have an algorithm like this. You can approach this type of
functionality with v.surf.nbathy / v.suf.rst / etc, along with r.carve
to 'burn-in' the stream lines. Maciek has looked into this, and
contributed much discussion on the list.

There has been some recent traffic on some new scripts (v.???) built
by Maciek -- which incorporate stream lines (?) ..

This is something that a lot of us would like, but it would require
some planning and resources. r.terraflow does a good job of removing
sinks, but better use of break points, stream lines, and spot
elevation values would be nice.

Aslo -- see the example in the GRASS book, using multi-source
elevation data to interpolate a hillslope + gully feature using a
two-pass approach with v.surf.rst + r.patch.

cheers,

dylan