[GRASS-user] Re: [Proj] trouble transforming corine landcover raster, projection Lambert laea to lcc

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Mon Apr 9 05:47:03 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Sorry to have been silent during a couple of weeks, I was away working
in Algeria with no possibility of web connexion. I will try your
suggestions ASAP.

Some rapid infos (at least to the questions I can most easily answer...):
> Actually the question is from where Patrick downloaded his data?

I got them from

http://dataservice.eea.europa.eu/dataservice/metadetails.asp?id=822

This is the European Environment Agency. IFEN (the French site)
mentioned by Yves does not deliver, to my knowldege, rasters at 100m
resolution... althought they deliver files in good "Lambert II etendu".
I must admit I still wonder what does mean this 100 m resolution
actually compared to the classical 250m... Just computing and
interpolation or reality? I have followed the indication given in
metadata file regarding projection, which is laea.
> PS : why do you talk about raster for corrine land cover? This is a vector
> file! isn't ?

Corine can be delivered in the two types (vector or raster). Raster
would ideally fit my aim here (neighbourhood analysis and computing
buffer composition using either grass or R).

Anyway, thank you both a lot for your advices. They will be most
helpful. Also aside, a special thank to Markus Neteler... I would have
suffered a lot in GRASS without your green book!!!

Cheers,

Patrick