[GRASS-user] flyer_v1.0

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Apr 12 09:52:11 EDT 2007

Przemys-Bław Bojczuk wrote:-A

> > I have a question about the page formatting.  the page size in adobe says "
> > 11.69 x 8.27".  I can check off "shrink oversized pages to paper size" and
> > print, and it seems to retain the quality ok.  Is the page size intentional?
>
> 297 x 210 mm is a standard paper size:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A4_paper_size

Moreover, it's *the* standard paper size outside of North America.
US "Letter" paper is quite hard to obtain in Europe. Printers,
photocopiers etc which will accept it are even harder to find (and
may also require a 110-Volt supply).

For portability, it's quite common to format documents to 279x210mm,
so that they fit on both A4 (297x210mm) and Letter (279x216mm) paper.